Mount Pleasant DC Forum Forum Index Mount Pleasant DC Forum
Discussion about the Mount Pleasant Neighborhood

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lamont Halloween Block Party (2010)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mount Pleasant DC Forum Forum Index -> Hot Topics for Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nestindc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Lamont Halloween Block Party (2010) Reply with quote

I just moved to the area and I was told about the block party for Halloween that has been going on annually for a while. I heard rumors that this may not happen this year. Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks!
bdweller

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any news on this?
dcdude

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this is not true. It is one of my favorite parts of living in MtP.
nestindc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Anita (I think that's the lady that usually coordinates it) is going to out of the country this year, I heard from someone in my apartment building that our neighbors across the street already submitted the petition.

Keep your fingers crossed!
jack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nestindc wrote:
Although Anita (I think that's the lady that usually coordinates it) is going to out of the country this year, I heard from someone in my apartment building that our neighbors across the street already submitted the petition.

Keep your fingers crossed!

That's Athena, and I understand that she's in Haiti. I don't know if anyone has picked up the task or not. -- Jack
Melissa Klein

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Lamont St. Halloween Reply with quote

I live in an apartment in Athena's house--she is indeed in Haiti but others have worked to secure permit to close the street down for Halloween evening. There will be a shadow puppet show followed by costume contest, probably starting around 7:00--stay tuned for more info!
Sabbagh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Halloween party : Saturday or Sunday ? Reply with quote

Hey
I recently moves to this neighborhood, arriving from France, and I have a stupid question : when does the Halloween party take place, on Saturday or on Sunday ?
Thanks for your help !
It's going to be my first Halloween and I don't want to miss any of it Smile
jack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Lamont St. Halloween Reply with quote

Melissa Klein wrote:
I live in an apartment in Athena's house--she is indeed in Haiti but others have worked to secure permit to close the street down for Halloween evening. There will be a shadow puppet show followed by costume contest, probably starting around 7:00--stay tuned for more info!

Well, that's good news! People would have missed the Lamont Street Halloween event. Thanks to those who rose to the task in Athena's absence. (And plaudits to Athena for her work in Haiti.) -- Jack
Melissa Klein

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The block party will be on Sunday, Halloween night!
ryanshepard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Lamont Street Halloween schedule Reply with quote

Passing along some additional details:

The puppet show will start around 6:30 at 17th and Lamont - The Shadow Senators will present "Two Local Tales of Terror", a shadow puppet show about DC, the Demon Cat and the curse of the Hope diamond (about 20 minutes, may be a little scary for very young children.)

The costume contest will start at about 7, also at 17th and Lamont. Bring your best animal/witch/ghoul/costume to show off - prizes will be given!

All are welcome to bring out any cauldrons of cider or s'more roasting equipment.

If you are interested in helping to set up or in carrying the stage, be on Lamont St. around 5pm and we'll see what needs to be done.

Here's to another year of Halloweening!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mount Pleasant DC Forum Forum Index -> Hot Topics for Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: